Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day, like a baby shower or a pregnancy announcement can be a tough day for people going through infertility. And for me, the day has its moments of sadness, but I try not to make it about me.  Because after all, I'm not a mother.  I haven't sacrificed my "me" time, fed from my boob, stressed over a sick kid in the middle of the night, and all the other things a mom does that I don't realize, because I'm not a mother.

But I desperately want to be.

My mom wasn't in town this Sunday, so we spent Saturday lunch with her instead.  That left Sunday to do whatever we wanted.  Since my hubs has been working out of town during the week, I let him choose.  So we golfed 18 holes at Quail Ridge.  As we were driving there, I said to him, "I hope I'm a mother next Mother's Day" and he perfectly said, "You will be."


No comments:

Post a Comment